Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Violent Religious Video Games (Hypothetical)

The question today is whether or not we are going to have sensitivity training after a coworker presented a meme to those who were not pushers for the Christ.

Coworker 2: (a chuckle)
Myself: (a laugh)
Coworker 3: I wanna see it.
Coworker 1: You won't like it.
Coworker 2: It's blasphemous.
Myself: Yeah.
Coworker 3: Come on.

The meme was "Passion of the Christ: Whip It Edition" for the Wii.

Myself: I think it would be more appropriate for the Switch's motion controls.

I think coworker three was probably emotionally knocked out by the sheer concept, so my pun was not registered in the complaint. It is funny how Jesus followers seem to be the least empathetic.

Empathetic in the sense that they were given a heads up that they were not going to appreciate something, but failed to take into consideration that people of a certain point of perspective can. My mom has a lot of bullshit right wing comics in rotation on her fridge. I believe my dad is probably the person who points them out to her.

It is difficult to get a read on my dad politically. His poker face probably made him so great as a negotiator. What I think I know of his views shows how great a person he is to still allow him the ability to compromise. He definitely can appreciate anyone's position, and thus he can figure out their humor. I look at the fridge, and I am offended, but I get who the joke's audience is for...and appreciate my smarter humor even more.

Intelligence may just be a perspective. Wisdom can be claimed by the right wing, knowing what is really going on, thus what needs to be done, what works. It does not allow for things to get better, but some people want everything.

Of course the issue is that it is not "want", it is "need", but the point is, I get that your belief blinds you. And in turn, since I have beliefs, I may be blind as well. Putting 90 miles between Mom and I has given me the space to not let her get in my face about it, so I get time to accommodate and not tell her that her argument verify what she thinks the left thinks she is.

Try walking in someone else's shoes. Or, this place needs Muzak brand pop music playing all the time. Sam Smith's "I'm Not the Only One" is tough to hear every hour and a half. When it seems like someone is pressing their views on you, it is just as annoying. We are in a pretty partisan country right now, and the most prominent supporters of Judeo/Christian faith side with the worst president to push positions to exclude people not like them.

You can see why a lot of people laugh at a gun-toting, raptor-riding son of a god. It is definitely something you should not take personally. If you cannot, you either cannot appreciate their feelings or you are only concerned about your own. If you are afraid of getting hurt, do not worship a faith with a mascot that allows it.

Islam might be the smartest religion because its worshippers like to stick to their rules. I have heard great defenses for the ones that annoy anyone not of the faith (women's dress) and the Western-born seemed to know where they need to compromise with the rest of society (excluding the Nation of Islam which I need to research more). If they have been radicalized despite 'Murican birth, most seem to rush for the cradle of civilization to win that back. Almost have to admire those we capture over there for doing that instead of strictly going after civilians. Thus far none of the religious freedom acts that come to mind are about Muslim's refusing service because of faith.

The smartest thing is the preventing engraved images of the prophet Muhammad. By making this a grave sin, you do not get memes for the tolerant to use against your leader. You cannot even Winnie the Pooh meme him. So, I will comment about how great a work out "The Passion of The Christ" video game could give you.

Maybe throwing is too close to whipping, so including a stoning level is out. But you can pretty much make a workout involving all matter of Stigmata. Include the Wii Fit, and you can incorporate some kicking and/or stomping. And that may not be necessary if Ubisoft gets the rights. Have you played "Just Dance"? Follow the Roman/Jewish silhouette, and you may not even notice the lack of accuracy of the motion control. Perhaps they can include a collectable yamaka with it.

Too bad the movie-to-video game adaptation market dropped out. And is it still bad to associate with Mel Gibson? But the Old Testament has yet to be adapted. How about Leviticus the game?

20 Memes That Make Fun Of The Idea That Video Games Cause Violence
sgavary / Via reddit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment