Saturday, December 22, 2018

11/3/11: I don't remember drinking requiring so much dedication.

 From Asia Argento's TwitterNo time to write. No time for exercise. Fuck, I got three weeks of "The Walking Dead" to catch up on.

And I worry about ending up with a first shift job.

The bars, what few are left downtown, aren't much fun on the weekends, unless you got friends to tear it up with (what I hope to come out with from all the late night activity), so waking up in the AM is kind of scary.

Farmington Road, is that where my future intoxicated adventures are to be found? When the only time I left the Dormitory, I was pissy about who I could have mopped the floor with, going anywhere besides the Jukebox, that future seems bleak.

With any luck, the MMA plans will come to fruition. I'll catch on to BJJ and Muy Thai quick enough that I can bust my ass to cut weight for fights, and hopefully old school "Conan: The Barbarian" rewards.

Still, it is just difficult to change your ways without proper motivation. It almost makes me wish that I was two-dimensional fat. No small compliments to inspire you to believe that you are good enough, smart enough, and the rest of that ironic bull shit.

Then again, how many of my fat fuck friends end up with their own families without dropping a single pound? Makes me genuinely believe I'm just unattractive.

Dedication, I guess I got to the point with drinking that I don't think about how shitty my life is when I'm drunk.

Perhaps Russell Claude is back. But I do wonder, should I just spend my booze money on a dating website.

When they guarantee tits in my face, let me know. I got to be true to myself, hence a return to the Dario Argento filmography.

 DEEP RED: BLOOD-DRENCHED MOVIE POSTERS & ARTWORK USED FOR THE FILMS OF DARIO ARGENTO"Opera" (1987) - "Phenomena" without the mysticism or Americanism. This feature is all about capturing horrific scenes in the most marvelous ways. Lacks the heart of his other features to this point, so only the outstanding cinematography and the use of heavy metal separate from the rest of the Italian slasher genre. It's a fun feature, but with a better script, it could be a classic.

"Two Evil Eyes (The Black Cat)" (1990) - It is as good as an Edgar Allan Poe adaptation that could have been put to celluloid, but the best I've seen is "The Simpsons" take on "The Raven." The twisted imagery and clever visual references to other Poe tales doesn't undo this. To make matters worse, Harvey Keitel's character is not sympathetic enough. Part of the fun of Poe is putting ourselves in the character's shoes. That cannot be done when you despise the lead.

Then again, that maybe the cat person talking.

"Trauma" (1993) - This maybe the best story about a head-hunting serial killer. It runs a little long and drags at points, but Tom Savini special effects and a heartfelt relationship between an Italian under-aged anorexic (daughter Asia Argento) and a recovering addict graphic designer keeps your interest until a climax that tops his killer chimp ending.

https://giallofilms.blogspot.co.uk/
giallofilms.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment