Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Productivity in the Time of Lockdown: 20 Questions


*Blog post started on March 27, 2020.

To Do List at the Day Job:

  • Finish the critique of the proposed training/reference material: Check.
  • Complete transcribing movie reviews from 10 year-old journal to blog posts. Check.
  • Be the first to win "Drive Up Bingo": Check.
  • Read through all the wrestling, sports, news and entertainment websites: Check.
  • Relabel a large portion of this blog post labels to inspire random website traffic: Check.
  • Remember to make sure my drawer is balanced. Check.

Technically, 20 Questions:

  1. Do I have a priority issue? I will leave that to my supervisor, who is on my Facebook friends list.
  2. Am I asking for a write up? That would at least kill time between customer droughts.
  3. I have plenty of empty pages in at least two of the four journals that I had brought in. But since I am not exceptionally pissed at anyone personally right now, what is the point?
  4. Anyhow, my first day off in two weeks is Sunday. Am I really going to use it to pen the next great novel? 
  5. Do not ask me, "Should you?"
  6. If I cannot beat Galar Pokémon League Champion Leon with my Gyrados, Manetric, Piloswine, Doublade, Gloom, and Cinderace, my day is all filled up. How can you ask anything else of me?
  7. It's 2 p.m. I must be bored. Was that Matchbox Twenty reference a stretch?
  8. I need to come up with some idea to fill the time. Is it safe to state some screenplay ideas I have?
  9. With my codependency issues, should I trust you if the answer is yes?
  10. If the answer is yes, where have you been to tell me how to get my low-budget, pro-wrestling zom-com film "Main Event of the Dead" out of development hell? If you would like a story treatment, send me an e-mail to russthebus07@gmail.com.
  11. There are 17 minutes until my shift ends. Can I come up with 10 more questions?
  12. Am I in desperate need of improv classes?
  13. Will this be a weekly thing during the time of COVID-19?
  14. Why have we not come up with a great, non-racist nickname for it?
  15. How about calling it Fuck Bug-19?
  16. Cunt is my favorite curse word. Would it be sexist to call it Cunt-19?
  17. Which Trump are you hoping contracts it?
  18. Was this a blog that was worth putting out, or just an exercise?
  19. How desperate am I for interaction during lockdown?
  20. Is it cruel to: After accidentally stepping on your ex-girlfriends cat, corner it because you know your cat senses its weekened state, and let my better half whack the shit out of him for three seconds?
*Blog post resumed on March 30, 2020

https://freethemesia.blogspot.com/
I did watch "Golgo 13: The Professional" last night (a future post for ninetyforchill.com). "Westworld" showed us that the Wachowski Sisters are going to really need to step their game up for "Matrix 4". Leaving the weekend with a need to watch "Jupiter Ascending" seems odd, but pretty normal for me I suppose. That is kind of disappointing when I actually had a day off.

Damn laundry. Just because I got the load done for $2.25 instead of the typical $3.25 does not excuse you from feeling like a waste of time. In all fairness, my work shirts, jeans and underwear are not to blame. If only the neighbors immediately pulled their shit out of the dryer instead of waiting two hours, I would have had a little more freedom to move around. Were they conspiring with my ex? Once she got up, they offered a glimpse of being responsible neighbors.

When it comes to the ex, we are both operating as if the other is a cat. She thinks cats will do their own thing, so she does not care when and where she does hers. It is a good thing that I watch most programming with subtitles or I would have taken nothing away from "Tiger King" as she yelled at her grandma during a wellness check. There are three other rooms...and an in call volume control that should be all the way up.

The girl is acting like a cat. She has opposable thumbs. I have told her because of that, she cannot be feline.

Productivity, with an environment like that, am I expected to obtain any. Well, my Pokémon team did take the title away from Leon, so there is a little. It would have felt like more if the former better quarter (Eva the cat will always be entitled to half.) was not playing videos on her phone with the volume up as I was going through all my max revives to win the day. I suppose that makes my accomplishment even greater, but I would trade that for a perfect environment.

21. Is being autobiographical in your blog post passive aggressive? I suppose that is why Colt Cabana does not give CM Punk the shit he deserves on "The Art of Wrestling". But then again, he has friends to vent to.

22. Will I be so relieved to be on our separate ways, will I have anyone to talk to?

No comments:

Post a Comment