Monday, August 26, 2019

The Future: Stress, Cosplay and Food Trucks

Evangelion X Queen
Evangelion X Queen
It has been an exhausting week. I cannot say that I have had a non-taxing week day since the sixth of August, but even that one had its drama (doctor appointment, swallowing pride, etc). Since that Wednesday, everyday has had hours dedicated to the man's wealth. The 13th was not a scheduled day for earnings, but that was the start of a trifecta of interviews over the next three days. With the need to get my weekends back to settle down and eventually go to an Ebertfest, you know there was stress.

And then there was Taste of Champaign. It was not that bad except for the humidity and my girlfriend to afraid to be proactive in her canopy set up (you can pick up the directions instead of seeing how far I can wing it). She also let my Furiosa Funko Pop go for five dollars less than I wanted, but it still left me up three bucks on what I paid for it and it was only right for being the only one to sell anything at HER craft tent on the first day. Still, the event was going to be stressful on her and since I was involved and did not want to let her down despite having to punch the clock both days, a little stress was to be expected for me.

Adding in fried and boiled meats as your only sustenance options, my body is teasing me since it has not left me bed/toilet ridden yet. That is probably waiting for the next day off.

But, the bills are paid, so no more running daily to Bloomington for a couple of weeks and Tuesday should actually be a day off this week. It will soon all be about Wizard World and letting my older sister and her boyfriend down to not partake in the "Earthbound" cosplay. There is only one girl in the game, and I do not think I can talk my girlfriend into shaving her head to portray Poo.

And do not tell me to man up and take the razor to my head. I am 39 years-old. My hair may be thick, but I do not want to know what will happen to it if I removed it. My hair follicles is not going to be a lesser appreciated Stephen King title with a young Hilary Swank.

Sadly, my girlfriend does not seem to be paying attention to any video game that I think she may like, so I cannot go and counter program the high end "Other Sister". With how busy we have been (and how anti-Amazon fulfillment that I am [sorry it took the "Last Week Tonight" to tell me how bad Bezos was instead of taking Matt Stone and Trey Parker's word on it]), my steampunk Darth Vader will not work out and Squirrel Girl was a pipe dream. The latter is sad because we could have cosplayed her excessively furry cat as a Squirrel. If those nerds do not have their inhalers present at all times, their asthma-related death are on them.

If the tickets were not already bought, I should have just said screw it and planned for Madison, Wisconsin's addition of the comic-con. It is closer to Halloween, so I can just count on Hot Topic and the pop up stores to meet all of my cosplay needs. A break after homecoming might also be something that I need. Does anyone know the booth rental fee so we can sell under-priced accessories and reasonably priced Pops?

Between jumping around from what seems to be a conclusion and guests requests (Do big glass microwavable bowls exist? You want two queen beds, but cannot have a tub?), it just dawned on me that this week may have been lost. I may have watched a "The Daily Show". My Jeffrey Epstein theory is that he bribed the right people to hang himself, so I probably tuned out the rest of the news.

This makes me think that I am just getting old. Falling asleep before all the late night information gets to me, it has to be aging right? Or it is dealing with coworkers who want me to book their hotel at our discounted rates instead of going to the websites themselves and following instructions.

It is just stress. Here is hoping that it will all pay off with a new job and fresh stresses to boot. Or an ADHD diagnosis. Does anyone need a new job annually?

No comments:

Post a Comment